Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Post #1 got nothin' to do with Brazil.




It’s been agood day. It’s not even noon yet, so let’s not jinx it. It’s just one of those mornings. It’s been one week since my kidney infection. SO painful. Makes you completely vulnerable to pain and a slave to your own sickbody. The worst feeling ever. I had a little bit of extra time in the morning to fishbraid my hair, put on a bit of makeup, eat a protein-rich breakfast, take a multivitamin (I remembered today!) and even grab a small cup of coffee (I can’tget by my first class without it). There’s this group of old creepy men that hang out at Starbucks (also my job) and I can feel their eyes undress me when I enter & when I exit, but I don’t let that stop me from enjoying my extra gross cup of Pike coffee. My Ipod’s on shuffle and it’s really bustin’ out the hits this morning. Lots of feel-good beats, sprinkled with some badass hip-hop bitch hits. I feel like Rihanna driving down the 101&405 even ifI was probably going an average of 40 mph most of the way. I hate Westwood but it's is always like 10 degrees cooler, and as though my day weren’t going swell already (yes, SWELL), I get my Jurisprudence midterm back with a “B”! Now, any Korean reading this will (and probably should) judge me, but I was totally expecting to get an honest “D” on this exam so a “B” made mykidneys pretty happy. Of course, like the technology-savvy girl that I am (I’m really not), I had to tell my 700+ stranger friends on FB that being a nerd pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers