Monday, August 9, 2010

Samba what?


So I'm youtubing (yes, "youtubing," yet another 21st century verb) Samba videos.
Oh, I miss you, Samba. Dirty, bastardized, street Samba from Bahia.

Mr. beef saw me dance this weekend. Like the way I really dance when I'm feelin' the music, not the way I make fun of white people dance (fist pumps & two steps). Mostly my hip hopperized version of salsa and samba, but it was nerve racking! At first, anyway.
Once that Afro-brasileira in me comes out, she just won't stop! Until, well, "Today Was a Good Day" comes on, and then it's all Kimora Lee/Nikki Minaj/Amerie from there.
What can I say? I loves me some Ice Cube. Especially if you're in Downey. You just gotta do it.

Anyways, as soon as shy Korean Joy resurfaced, I was feeling pretty embarrassed.

I did get to see a few friends I studied with in Brazil. I haven't seen 2 out of 3 since Brazil.
The four of us got some tipsy Portuguese in while Boyfriend was judging us.
It's okay. We were speaking some jacked up Portuguese. Good times.

*Speaking of good times, with my photo, I reminisce on times when I actually sort of liked my hair, which is definitely not the case today.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Remember how light your hair was?! and your cute little bangs!! post a picture of your new hair, i bet you can't even tell you cut it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girrrl, u can tell! haha Like 3 ppl asked me today if I cut it, and it was in a ponytail at work~! sooo depressing

    ReplyDelete

Followers