Thursday, September 9, 2010

except vs. accept

I put this unnecessary pressure on myself to be the best at everything, which worked as a child when I was doing it subconsciously, but now that I'm starting to identify more of the qualities I don't like as much as I used to, it just seems so petty. And a true waste of time. An inability to accept my limits as a humanoid. Come on, Joy. We've been through this a thousand times. I've probably done this with every new activity or hobby I've picked up over the years, or any new role I've assumed. Though, at least (I think) I've managed to master some things. And not all bad ;)

School's over. For now, anyways.
I can't believe I have to wait four months to physically hold that piece of paper that is the culmination of my four (five?) years of hard work. And I do mean it when I say "hard work."

I am incredibly sleep-deprived. I crave books and travel. And language!

1 comment:

  1. I like this post!

    Just came across your blog!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers