Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Silly thoughts of a silly girl


All I can offer right now is a (not so) short update on my life. & some thoughts.
Well, well, well.

I had a telephone interview today with this school to become a certified English teacher.
English, as in the different between "their," "there," and "they're," not English as in Shakespeare and Walt Whitman.

Immediate travel plans are Mexico then possibly spend the end of November in Korea with my mom. Korea always makes me feel so grounded and thankful. See below.

I had a silly little thought the other day - a thought that I just kept developing until it sort of consumed me. Here it is:

My travels. Each geographic location. A different experience. A different love.
Korea embodies my roots. She reminds me and keeps me grounded. Her naivete inspires me.
Paris was my first leap, but Barcelona was my first real risk.
Argentina and Guatemala are like two totally different, equally complex personalities I met on a bus and had amazing life-changing conversations with. I think of them often.

Mexico. Ah, Mexico. Like Erykah sang, "He gave me poetry. He was my first." He opened my eyes to sounds and flavors I never knew even existed. He challenged me to the limits of my personality. I always think of Mexico with so much love. Even when people talk shit, I always defend him. I'm always wanting to go back to him. More time is never enough.

And then we have Brazil. Hmm...Brazil is like that surprisingly passionate, profoundly intimate, tragically short love affair that I just can't stop thinking about.

Ah, I miss you, TRAVEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers