Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lesson(s) Learned

As I'm wrapping up my experience living and teaching in the country where my parents and their parents were born and raised, I walk away with countless lessons, experiences, memories, and relationships. I remember thinking a year ago that I might be a very different person after this year was over. Perhaps I've become stranger, even more opinionated, and more certain about who I am and who I am not. I definitely have a more comprehensive understanding of my cultural heritage as well as my parents' personalities and how the two go hand-in-hand.

Actually, maybe all that does make me a whole lot different from Joyhanna 9 months ago.

I've realized that I have big eyes (figuratively, of course). I want to accomplish great things in whatever new endeavor I embark on. However (and it took many months for me to admit this), I have a weak heart. I know that my heart quickly becomes involved in these new passions and I am unable to differentiate between the two. So, when I walk away, I inevitably leave a piece of my heart.

So it is with you, Korea 2011, that I leave a piece of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers